Organization: Canadian Government
Women can do it!
In your women’s clubs… in your household budgets… in your personal economies… become a regular purchaser of war savings certificates. The call is going out for two million men and women each to buy a $5.00 war savings certificate every month. It will mean a profitable investment for your country to win you can save enough to and will help your war. Will you do your part now?
How Your Organizations Can Work
- Appoint a special War Savings Committee in each organization to support the work of Local Committees in promoting the sale of Certificates and Stamps.
- Circularize membership on the subject at intervals.
- Advertise – “Buy War Savings Stamps Regularly” in Bulletins.
- Establish facilities for sale of Stamps at meetings.
- Organize special meetings with War Stamps as all or part of the price of admission.
- Form “16” clubs. Members contribute 25c. every meeting. Total buys Certificate. Draws for winner.
- Support the activities of your Local War Savings Committee by: (a) Establishing War Savings stalls, for instance, at markets. (b) Servicing Stamp selling agencies.
How You Can Work Individually
- Carry a stamp card with you always.
- Make sure merchants you patronize have War Stamps for sale and display advertising – “Take Your Change in War Savings Stamps.”
- Use War Stamps for prizes at teas, bridge parties, etc.
- Give War Stamps for birthday and Christmas presents.
- Encourage your children to earn money to buy War Savings Stamps at school.
- Avoid spending money on unnecessary pleasures beyond necessary relaxation and “Serve by Saving.”
- Support regular systematic War Savings through: (a) Payroll Deduction through Employers. (b) Monthly regular Bank Account deduction.
The physical version of this product is part of the federal identity archive.